Gifting someone special doesn’t have to be expensive. Instead of buying a store-bought gift, you can make something from the heart. With a little creativity, you can easily turn a simple present into something extra special.
There’s nothing quite like the feeling of giving a great gift, but sometimes the wrapping can be just as important as what’s inside. Here are 10 creative ways to make your gifts stand out this holiday season:
- Get creative with your wrapping paper. Use patterned or textured papers to add interest, or try wrapping your gifts in newspaper or comic strips for a unique look. You can even make your own wrapping paper by painting or stamping on plain white paper.
- Use pretty ribbon to add a touch of elegance (or fun!) To your wrapped gifts. You can even make your own decorative ribbon by braiding strips of fabric or ribbon together. There are also lots of ribbons like tulle ribbon, that can add texture and dimension to your wrapped gifts.
- Dress up your gift with some embellishments. Buttons, beads, sequins, and other small decorations can really make a wrapped gift stand out. You can even use real flowers or leaves for a natural look.
- Wrap your gifts in unconventional materials. You can use things like old maps, tea towels, or even fabric scraps to wrap your gifts. Just get creative and think outside the box!
- Use unique containers to hold your gifts. Boxes, baskets, tins, and even paper bags can make great wrapping materials. Get creative with how you arrange your gifts inside the containers too- try using crumpled tissue paper or shredded newspaper for a unique look.
- Make your own gift tags. You can use anything from scraps of paper to old jewelry to make beautiful and unique gift tags. Get creative with your designs, and don’t be afraid to get messy! Don’t forget to write a heartfelt message on the back of each tag.
- Write a special message on your gift. A heartfelt note can really make a gift extra special. You can write your message directly on the wrapping paper, or use a pretty card or tag.
- Use nature to your advantage. Pinecones, holly, and other festive greenery make great additions to any wrapped gift. You can even add a personal touch by attaching a sprig of mistletoe or a small poinsettia.
- Get the kids involved. If you have young children, let them help you wrap the gifts! They’ll love getting creative with the materials, and it’ll be a fun activity for everyone involved. You can even make it a competition to see who can wrap the best-looking gift.
- Have fun with it! The most important thing is to enjoy the process of wrapping gifts. It’s a great opportunity to be creative, and you’ll end up with some beautiful results that everyone will love.
So get out your wrapping supplies and start getting creative! These 10 ideas should give you plenty of inspiration for unique and beautiful ways to wrap your gifts this holiday season.