Lots of NVIDIA graphics card users report that they’re facing issues of the NVIDIA control panel not opening. A few times later it becomes the most common problem for Windows users. It doesn’t matter which Windows version you are using. Maybe all attempts are not working to open this control panel. I hope you already checked every possible way to solve this problem.
Read More: Increase Driver performance with Nauto
If you are still in a dilemma about this problem then this article is for you. There are a couple of methods to fix this problem. For most of the NVIDIA graphic card users, these methods work perfectly. But we don’t know which method will work on your system. So, you can try all these methods one by one until fixing the problem.
NVIDIA Control Panel Not Opening? How Do You Fix It?
To solve the NVIDIA control panel not opening, it required some troubleshooting steps. Before performing all these steps you might get a clear conception. It’s true that sometimes a few basic steps can solve this problem easily. So, you should go for the restart PC first.
You know that the NVIDIA graphic card is one of the most popular graphics cards in the market right now. So, installing this card is not the last thing. You should know some solutions when it starts to make problems. Restarting the PC will refresh the system and eliminate temporary data that are corrupted.
Methods For Fixing NVIDIA Control Panel Not Opening
There are many reasons that cause problems while opening the NVIDIA control panel. It may happen for some corrupted driver or missing files. If it’s not clear the reason for you, then you may need to follow the method step by step. You will get the solution and fix this problem. Let’s have a glance over them.
Read More: Simple solution to a usual problem
Reinstalling NVIDIA Drivers
This is the first method we keep on the list. This problem happens because of the NVIDIA drivers. So, you should uninstall it. Remove GeForce Experience also to complete the process. Go to the website to install the new and updated driver. You’ve to do it after uninstalling the old driver from your PC.
- What you need to press in the first place are the Windows + R. It will open a window. Type devmgmt.msc and hit the enter button to open the Device Management Console.
- After opening the Device Manager, you will need to find Display adapters. Under this category, locate the NVIDIA adapter. Right-click on it to get it to uninstall. Check ‘Delete the driver software for this device’ to get the driver removed.
- Go to the page and download the latest NVIDIA Driver. If you don’t get the option, then search it manually. Give all the necessary data like graphics card types, OS, and other information. Now hit the search button. You will get the latest driver for your graphic card. Download and install it.
- Go to the location where you save the downloaded file. Launch it to install. But you need to choose the custom options. After that, sleet Clean Install. This command is necessary to wipe all the previous installation.
- After completion, the process restarts your Windows. I hope your NVIDIA control panel will open again.
Restart NVIDIA Control panel process
If your control panel is opened, but not functioning properly, then you are still in trouble. Realigning the system can solve this problem, but not all the time. The process is going to stop at any time. For this, you can follow the steps.
- Now launch the Task Manager. For that, you need to press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key.
- From the Task Manager window, click on More details. Under the tab, you will find the Processes. Select it. Now check out the NVIDIA Control panel process. This is also known as nviplui.exe. Right-click on it and you will find the option for End Task. Click on it.
- You’ll see another process similar to the NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component. It is known as nvxdsync.exe. You have to end this process too like nvipuli.exe.
- You are done with the process. Now go to the desktop and open the start menu. Launch the control panel. It will work perfectly.
Read More: Validate Your Startup Idea in 6 Simple Steps
Setting Highest Resolution
This is also another popular and easy method to solve the control Panel not the opening problem. For that, you just need to set the resolution to the maximum. Sometimes the NVIDIA Control Panel is not able to open in lower resolution. Let’s see how to do that.
- Go to the Display setting. For that, hit the right-click on your desktop, where you’ll get to see this option.
- After opening the new window, change the resolution to a higher value. You don’t need to go for the recommended value that is indicated on the screen. All you need now is to set it on high.
- Now relaunch NVIDIA Control panel. Hopefully, it will work.
If you are still not getting the solution after applying a few methods, then you should try this one. This is complicated to apply.
- First, open the Run prompt. Now type the word ‘regedit’ and go to the registry editor.
- Follow this path HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\ContextMenuHandler
- Find NvCpLDesktopContext. Delete it with the right-click.
- Next, you need to go HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell.
- You’ve to add a new key. Right-click on the shell to do that. Give a name and that is NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Now you’ll have to add a new key on the NVIDIA Control Panel. It should be named ‘command’.
- Now set the value. On the default value option, hit the Double click. You need to provide and key and that is C:\Windows\System32\nvcplui.exe. Now hit ok and exit.
Once you’re done with it, get the PC restarted and launch the NVIDIA Control panel.
As a Windows user, you may need to install the NVIDIA graphics driver. But it can cause some problems, especially when the NVIDIA control panel not opening. This is a software that needs to be installed for the graphic card. So, it can cause some problems as the other app does. Through this control panel, you can easily tweak your necessary setting for the better game experience.
So, the NVIDIA Control Panel can cause some problems, especially when you need to change the graphic setting. I hope all the methods I’ve disused can solve the problem. All these methods can be applied instantly to solve this irritating problem. So, fix it as early as possible and keep enjoying a better graphic experience.
Quick Fixes of GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0003:
7 Dirty Tinder Hacks that Will Make Your Profile Irresistible
Solved: Windows 10 Search Not Working
Keep Your New Year’s Resolution with MoveWith