Everyone has those videos that they HAVE, but do you know how to loop those Youtube videos? Be it a music video that’s stuck in your head, a funny video that gets you in splits, that lets you slowly drift off to dreamland or a motivational message that gets you up and about early in the morning.
Having to click on the video manually to play it over and over again gets tiring, and frustrating when all you want to do is unwind and listen to it. Ever wondered how to youtube loop without any hassle? Look no further.
While playing a youtube video on repeat is often portrayed as something that requires a third-party application, it is not the only way to go about it. There are a number of ways through which you can play the video of your choice on an infinite loop. They are completely free, and work on all platforms, including iOS, Android, as well as computer operating systems.
The only difference is those iPhone users have to create a Playlist to do so, while Android users can directly do it after clicking on the video from the search results, and using the loop feature.
For Desktop Users
There are a number of websites that support playing a YouTube video on repeat, for an infinite loop. But that is not the simplest way to do it. YouTube itself has an option for a loop feature, and it is quite easy to make use of it too.
The steps to make use of this loop feature on web browsers are as quite simple and easy to follow. For those who wish to make use of them, and do so without any add-on or third party applications too, read the following points:
Open YouTube on a web browser
- Open the site on any browser of your choice- Chrome, or Firefox. Then search for the YouTube video you want to loop.
- You will not need to sign in for it unless the video to loop requires you to confirm your age.
- If you do wish to log in, choose the option from the top drop-down menu, or use the sign-in option on the page.
Search for the video
- Search for the video you want to loop, using the search bar on top of the page. This can be done by entering a few keywords pertaining to the video, or it’s title
- From the search results, click on the video you want to put on an infinite loop. Use the play button in case the video is not playing. The video you want to loop should now be playing on your desktop.
Right-click on the video
- Make sure you do not right-click on the suggestions. Right-click exactly on the video you want to loop, to reveal a drop-down menu.
- You can use the right-click button on the mouse or the lower right area of the trackpad as well, in order to get the drop-down menu on the screen.
Select the Loop feature
- In the drop-down menu, there is a loop option that can be enabled by left-clicking on it.
- In doing so, the loop option displays a checkmark, showing that it is activated.
This is the easiest way to play YouTube videos of any kind on an infinite loop. This does not require you to install any app or open untrustworthy services. It also reduces the effort it takes for you to manually play a video on loop repeatedly.
For iOS Phones
iOS does not directly support the loop feature, and it is not safe to use third-party apps for this service either. However, that is not to say that it is impossible to youtube loop a video.
Here’s how iOS users can play a video on repeat, using a loop option.
- Open the YouTube app, by clicking on its icon from the list of apps.
- Make sure you log in, by clicking on the ‘login’ option, and enter your username and password.
- In the search bar, search for the video you want to loop, by entering it and then clicking on the search option. This should give you a page of search results to choose from.
- Screen tap the video you want to loop so that it opens up on the screen.
- Click on the ‘add to’ option below the video, which will lead to a drop-down box showing up on the screen.
- Click on the ‘create new playlist’ option, which is situated towards the end of the drop-down menu. This will lead you to an all-new page, asking you to fill in the name that you wish to use for the Playlist, and so on. Make sure you fill in all the necessary information. A checkmark is present on the top right corner of the menu. Once the information is filled in, make sure to click on the checkmark to save the changes, and create a Playlist.
- This will take you back to the video you want to loop. Minimize it by clicking on the ‘minimize’ option on the top right corner of the video. This should bring it to the bottom right part of the screen, in a minimized form.
- Choose the ‘library’ option from the bottom menu. It is at the bottom right part of the screen. This opens up a menu.
- Find your playlist in the library. If it isn’t there it should be in the recent folder.
- Tap on the play button. This will prompt your playlist video to start playing.
- Once the video has started playing, click on the options menu of the playlist, which would give a drop-down menu. The button is on the right of the playlist name.
- Tap once on the grey loop icon. This will make it turn white, which means that your playlist, which contains the song you want to play on an infinite loop, is on a loop.
- Close the options menu, and enjoy your video on loop.
While iOS does not directly provide the option to loop, this is a quick and effective way to achieve the same effect. True, it has a few extra steps, but it gets over in no time, and you can listen or watch your favorite video, on a loop.
For Android phones
YouTube app does not support looping on Android phones. In fact, as you might have observed, the YouTube app does not support looping on any platform, so you have to come up with alternatives.
While Android users cannot use the app to loop videos it’s not to say that they cannot loop videos at all. They certainly can see the videos they want to loop on repeat, for any number of times. It is a simple and easy method that does not require any third-party application or add ons and plug-ins.
While it may initially seem like a lot of additional effort, it takes no time at all and is actually very easy to follow. Here are the exact steps to follow:
- Open Chrome browser on your Android device, from the apps available.
- Go to youtube.com on the browser. Do this by typing the address on the address bar. Make sure that you are not redirecting to the app, and that YouTube is open in your web browser.
- Tap on the three dots on the YouTube page, which must not be confused with the three dots on the Google Chrome browser. This should open up a drop-down menu.
- Tap on the desktop site option. This forces the site to refresh, and reopen YouTube in the desktop site version. In case it asks to reconfirm which browser you wish to use, stick to Chrome browser. At this point, it is also likely that the site prompts you to open YouTube on the YouTube app. Make sure you exit the option.
- Search for the video as you would on the desktop site, and click on the search option. This gives the search results, with the video you want to put on loop.
- Tap on the video you want to watch just once, to play the video. Once it opens and starts playing the video, tap and hold the window for a while. It opens a drop-down menu, with a number of options, which is similar to the desktop method.
- Click on the loop option on the menu. This should lead to a checkmark appearing on the menu, next to the loop. This means that the loop feature has been enabled. You can now watch the video on loop, as long as you want to.
This is how android devices can use the loop feature that YouTube offers desktop users. This method does not take much time to complete and is quite easy to follow too.
While it is difficult for mobile devices to make use of the loop feature, desktop devices have no such issues. But, either way, this is the simplest way to watch YouTube videos on repeat, without any hassle of third-party apps and websites offering to loop videos for you.