Online workshops are a great way to get your team together and work on something important to them, but they can be difficult to set up and manage. There are lots of different options out there, so it can be hard to know which one is the best fit for you. In this article, we look at some advantages of online workshop platforms like Klaxoon.
What is an online workshop?
An online workshop is a virtual meeting where people meet in real-time over video chat or via a shared screen to discuss topics, share ideas and collaborate on projects.
Why use an online workshop?
- Online workshops allow you to:
- Create a safe space for your team to talk about things that matter to them.
- Get everyone involved in discussions from anywhere in the world.
- Organize regular meetings with no travel costs.
- Keep track of who’s doing what.
- Share files and documents easily.
- Work together as a group without needing to be physically present in the same room.
- Be flexible – if someone misses a session, they don’t miss out on anything.
Who uses online workshops?
Many organizations have used online workshops successfully. Here are just a few examples:
- The BBC has been running online workshops since 2010, and they’ve now run more than 1,000 sessions.
- The NHS has also been running online workshops for several years, and they’re planning to roll them out across their entire workforce.
- A survey by the British Council found that 80% of UK businesses were interested in using online workshops.
How to choose an online workshop Platform?
When choosing an online workshop solution, here are a few questions to ask yourself:
- Do you want to create a private workspace for your team? Or would you prefer to share a public workspace?
- Do you need to keep track of who’s working on what? Or would you rather let your team self-organize?
- How much flexibility do you need? Will you be able to schedule meetings whenever you want?
- What kind of content will you be sharing during these meetings? Will it be text-only, or will you also be sharing images, videos, and other media?
- Can you access all of the tools you need from any device? Do you need to install software on each person’s computer?
- Is there a limit to how many participants you can invite? How long does each session last?
- Is there a limit to how often you can hold a meeting? What happens when you reach that limit?
- Are there any additional features that you’d like to see? For example, can you add customizable workspaces? Can you export data into spreadsheets?
If you’re looking for a simple way to organize your team’s activities, then online workshops could be a good choice for you. They provide a safe environment for your team to talk through issues and come up with solutions together. Take time to understand which platform fits your needs.