Driver power state failure windows 10 is getting a bigger problem day by day. There is nothing you need to ruin your day if you have this blue screen message on your Windows 10. This irritating problem happens when you are trying to take out the PC from sleep mode or upgrading your Windows. Sometimes outdated drivers also cause this problem.
You should know the specific reason for this problem and the way to stop it. It keeps happening again and again if you don’t get the right method to fix it permanently. Here is everything you need to know about this problem and solution.
Reason of Driver Power State Failure:
All reasons for this problem are specific. So, you just need to focus on three things and these are described below.
- Sleep mode
- Upgrading Windows
- An outdated driver
Read More: Shopping For Energy Providers
Most of the time we keep your PC in sleep mode for many reasons. When we are trying to take out Windows from this mode, the driver won’t respond to the wake-up call of windows. As a result, you will face the “Driver Power State Failure” Problem.
Secondly, this problem also arises when we try to upgrade our operating system to Windows 10. Maybe all of the drivers you installed are suitable for Windows 7. Remember, all the drivers of Windows 7 and Windows 8 don’t work for Windows 10 anymore.
Outdated drivers are another reason that causes ‘Driver Power State Failure’. Lots of Windows 10 users don’t know if their drivers are updated or not. Outdated drivers always create some problems. Most of them are not compatible anymore with the latest version of Windows 10. The authority release update for the driver frequently. So, update all drivers to avoid this problem.
Way To Fix Windows 10 Driver Power State Failure Error:
Following the reason for this problem, it has different ways to solve it. It’s just a matter of time to tackle this issue because it’s relatively simple. We can talk about the most used methods to fix this error. If you don’t know the exact reason for this problem, then apply all these methods one by one until you find the solution.
Read More: Tackling the Problem of Energy Storage
Remove External Hardware
Most of the time, we connect external hardware to our PC for many purposes. You might face this “Driver Power State Failure” problem if external hardware is not working perfectly. Remove all these external hardware and restart your computer again.
If the problem is solved that means, you faced this error only for the malfunction of external hardware. But this is not the final solution to this problem. You need to check every hardware individually and install it perfectly.
To adopt this method you must log in to your computer. It’s not possible to uninstall problematic drivers without running the PC. For that, you need to go ‘Device Manager’ that shows all device status. You will find a yellow exclamation mark if there is any device driver missing or corrupted. So, uninstalling the device is the solution to fix this problem. Let’s see how you can do it.
- First of all, you need to boot your PC normally. If it won’t then do it into safe mode.
- Now open the ‘Run’ box by pressing the Windows Logo Key and R.
- On the box type devmgmt.msc and click OK. It will open a window.
- After opening the window, you’ll find an expanded category of the device. If there is any problem, you will find it with a yellow exclamation mark.
- Click on the device with yellow exclamation and right-click on it. Select the uninstall device.
- Restart your computer and check if the problem is solved or not.
The outdated drive is one of the most common reasons for the ‘Driver Power State Failure’ error. Updating all the drivers from time to time is the solution. You can do it manually, Windows Update, or third party software. Otherwise, you may face the blue screen issue. Let’s see how we can do it.
- Run your PC and boot into safe mode.
- Now download any third-party apps and install them to detect the problem.
- Run the application and click on the ‘Scan Now’. This app will start to scan your system. It will detect the problem of the driver and let you know it.
- From the report, you will find the update option if there is any outdated driver installed. Click on this ‘Update’ button and it will automatically start to download the missing component or correct version of the driver.
- Reboot your PC and see that the problem is solved or not.
Turning off Power Saving
The power setting issue can cause this problem. To know how to change the power setting follow the steps we are going to describe.
Read More: Simple solution to a usual problem
- Like other methods, boot your PC into safe mode. You only need to do it when the PC won’t boot normally.
- Now open the ‘Run’ prompt and type control panel. Hit the enter button. It will open a new window.
- Select the Power Option. If you don’t get it, then view by Small icons to find it.
- Look for Balanced (Recommended) and select it. Now click on the ‘Change plan settings’ to proceed to the next process step.
- Find out ‘Change advanced power settings’ option and click on it and the new power option wizard will open.
- Click on ‘Power Saving Mode’ under ‘Wireless Adapter Settings’ and set it to Maximum Performance.
- Go for another option called PCI Express. Under this option, you’ll find the ‘Link State Power Management’ option and change the setting to Maximum power saving.
- Now click on the Apply button and OK. You are done with the process.
It’s time to reboot the computer. I hope the ‘Driver Power State Failure” error is already fixed.
Read More: Renewable Energy Right in Your Front Yard?
We already introduced the four most popular methods to you to fix the driver power state failure windows 10 error. Now you can solve this problem without getting any help from professionals. Just remember it, you are experiencing this problem because of a system crash. When the blue screen appears don’t get tensed because you already know the solution.
It’s not a serious problem as it is seen to you. You can always start to solve this problem by restarting the computer. It can remove the error from the system. If the problem returns again then take your seat and apply all the methods one by one unless you find a permanent solution.